Do you have a great work ethic? Are you looking for a dynamic company to grow your skills? Do you want consistent work, job security, and great teammates to enjoy your days with? Come join McCardel Restoration's Construction Division!
We are looking for a talented individual to perform carpentry, drywall, trim work, cabinetry, painting, and demolition. The applicant may also be asked to perform various duties such as water extraction, drying, and mold remediation on both residential and commercial properties.
As a carpenter in our construction division you can expect competitive wages, benefits, paid holidays, paid time off, available double and triple time, potential overtime, and best of all… no layoffs! McCardel provides on-the-job training, company vehicles, tools, and uniforms to aid in your success. We also offer performance-based advancement and annual reviews allowing you to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
If you meet or exceed the following skills/requirements and thrive on providing quality work, we want to hear from you!
- Advanced construction knowledge including familiarity with code requirements, carpentry, trim, rough framing, drywall (hanging/finishing/repair), acoustical ceilings, cabinetry, painting, roofing, siding, and demolition
- Must be able to read and follow a scope identifying any variations or problems that arise on the jobsite and requesting assistance from management when needed
- Must have thorough understanding of customer service and all principles pertaining to it
- Be able to work with little supervision and do quality work within specified timelines
- Consistent attendance and punctuality
- Capability of lifting 50-75lbs and ability to stand, kneel, or climb and work in tight spaces for extended periods of time
- Have reliable transportation with valid in state driver’s license and clean driving record
- Own a smartphone and be willing to learn and engage with company applications
- Participation in our On-Call Program (Rotation)
- Give accurate daily updates on work completed including time worked as well as equipment and consumables used
- Construct containment suitable for worksite to block out dust, dirt, and any airborne contaminants
- Must be able to determine measurements and calculate material needed for projects
- Must be able to set up scaffolding and work up to 25’ off the ground with proper safety provisions
- Be able to move and protect customers’ contents without damage
- Prep jobsite for construction work including flood cutting, salvaging and labeling baseboards, door, cabinets, etc.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic including attention to detail, and competently identify insufficiencies within scope of work when necessary
- Possess the skills needed to multi-task while adapting to changes
- Be willing to supervise unskilled labor and subcontractors as needed
- Must present clean and professional image at all times
- Clearly demonstrate effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Possess strong customer skills with the ability to handle challenging situations in a professional manner
- Must have the ability to maintain professional internal/external relationships
- Demonstrate the ability to complete work orders and meet deadlines of construction work
- Must possess a commitment to the Company’s vision/mission
McCardel Restoration, a 2016 "Michigan 50 Companies To Watch" winner, is a leader in Disaster Recovery Services and Solutions with a home office in Mid-Michigan. We restore fire, water and storm damage of every kind and on any scale. Our technical staff draws on a vast pool of industry knowledge that is reinforced in continued education and use of the latest technical equipment. We employ highly qualified people and offer complete general contracting, project management and consulting services. If you want to work with a great group of people in a fast-growing company where professional and personal growth is expected, this is your new home!